Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Blog Introduction


I am currently an elementary music teaches that teaches grades Pre K - 4th.  I just finished my 8th year of teaching elementary music in the public school system.  I am a career switcher from The Sunshine State (FL) where I was a freelance musician and studio guitar teacher.  My musical background is in classical guitar performance.  When I’m not teaching music to the little ones I’m spending time with my little one who turned 2 in April.  I enjoy almost any outdoor activity but prefer the backcountry.  I love mountain biking, a good single malt, and fine cigars.

In this blog I will be reflecting and discussing community participation.  I will attempt to define community and blog about the different types of communities and how technology affects them.   According to wiki, A community is a small or large social unit (a group of living things) who have something in common, such as norms, religion, values, or identity.  I think community is much more than this and I will use this blog as a space to explain why.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Creatives Teaching Creativity

In the books and articles I have been reading and researching on Students as Designers a pattern has emerged.   In today’s world creative...